Sing the songs of Appalachia and rural America!
If you enjoy singing and would you like to learn the expressive songs from Appalachia, join this rewarding workshop.
Develop basic vocal techniques, including warm-ups and exercises that you can do to maximize your singing ability.
Explore songs in folk, country, blues, bluegrass and gospel styles.
This will be an opportunity to discover some music theory and explore vocal harmonies, as well.
Learn about the culture of Appalachia -- between the Blue Ridge Mountains and Great Smoky Mountains in the Northeaster U.S. -- through it's songs.
Discover songs that you can enjoy for years to come.
Enjoy getting to know other people with shared interests and the guidance of a professional musician.
Whether you are new to singing and have never sung with other people, or you are a professional musician interested in expanding your repertoire, you are welcome to participate.
Experience the beauty and fun of learning about and singing American roots music and traditions.
By taking this course, you will have:
- Developed skills and confidence singing.
- Learned songs from Appalachia and various styles of American roots music.
- Gained an understanding of the culture and songs of Appalachia.
Who Should Take this Class?
Who should take this course?
- Anyone who is interested in singing -- no experience necessary!
- People who would like to learn about American roots music traditions.
- Anybody who would like to learn songs from Appalachia.