¡Olé! Explore Flamenco dance!
Learn the technique, rhythm, posture, hand and arm movements, sounds of the feet and choreography in this fun beginner class.
Join us this session as we also focus on learning how to dance Sevillanas, a type of folk dance of the Sevilla region.
Beginners, returning beginners and experienced dancers are all welcome!
For all genders and ages.
- Learn the basic hand and arm movements of Flamenco dance
- Develop correct postures for the dance
- Begin learning how to use your feet to make rhythms to add to combinations
- Learn the history of Flamenco and some Spanish vocabulary
- Practice body awareness and self-expression
- Get healthy exercise
- Have fun in a supportive learning environment
Who Should Take this Class?
- Men and women of all ages interested in exploring dance
- Dancers interested in exploring Flamenco or new dance techniques and choreography
- People interested in cultural experiences
- Anyone looking for a fun and effective, dance-based workout