Collage is a fun, visual way to bring out the artist in all of us.
It can be as complex or as simple as you'd like.
All you need to get started is a crescent board, magazine images, words, miscellaneous materials, glue and scissors.
Enjoy time to be creative with no pressure around the results.
Making a collage is like putting together the pieces of a puzzle.
As you identify images and materials that appeal to you, they may act as metaphor for an experience or a personal story.
You might feel a satisfying "aha!" moment as the pieces of the collage begin to come together.
See what emerges and where the images take you or reveal about your journey, past, present or future.
Everyone in the class will have the opportunity to discuss their work when it is finished, but you are not required to do so.
No previous knowledge and experience is required.
Get ready for a fun, creative time with others making collage!
- Learn simple techniques to create art using paper, glue, a board and scissors.
- Discover creative ways to express life experiences and personal stories through the visual medium of collage.
- Gain new perspectives on your personal experiences through art and community.
Who Should Take this Class?
- Anyone interested in learning to collage.
- People who would like experience a creative workshop environment.
- Anyone seeking a new way to explore their personal stories.