Are you a fan of Mexican culture or someone who enjoys trying a new look for a costume party or Halloween?
Are you a makeup newbie or whiz with a brush?
If you are willing to go the extra mile and try a new creative makeup look, you will enjoy this workshop.
Master stunning Day of the Dead (Día de los Muertos) makeup techniques and learn how to make a beautiful typical Mexican flower crown to match with your makeup.
Stimulate your creative and artistic mind and have fun with like-minded classmates!
You will also explore Mexican culture and learn some Spanish vocabulary and phrases during this workshop.
You will need the following supplies before attending the workshop:
- Face paint -- your choice of colors and brand
- Bright eye shadow (any color will do)
- Black liquid eyeliner
- White makeup and/or white makeup powder
- Eyelash glue
- Jewels or embellishments
- Cosmetic-safe glitter
- Foundation brushes, sponges and lipstick (matte preferred)
- Translucent makeup powder to your makeup last longer and matte
For Flower Crown:
- Assorted artificial flowers
- Cardboard (10 x 10 inch)
- Glue gun if available (if not available, any glue that can stick flowers onto the headband)
- Any other assorted decorative items of your choice as optional (e.g. black lace fabric, butterflies, skulls, etc.)
Learn about the beloved tradition of Day of the Dead while transforming yourself with Mexican skull makeup and a flower crown!
Through this workshop, students will:
- Gain specific makeup techniques
- Learn some vocabulary and phrases in Spanish
- Gain understanding about Mexican and Mexican-American culture
- Meet like-minded friends and obtain new ideas for Day of the Dead / Día de los Muertos makeup
Who Should Take this Class?
- Anyone who would like to get ideas for face paint/makeup
- People who want to learn Mexican skull/calavera makeup face painting techniques
- Anybody interested in Mexican culture and art