Would you like to be creative and try a new type of art? Discover the art of painting on glass! Glass painting can be a beautiful and satisfying style of art, resembling stained glass but simpler to achieve. It is a technique that has ancient roots and can be as ornate or simple as you'd like.
Learn the specific painting techniques to create your own artwork on glass sheets. You will learn how to work with different types of glass and paint, and how to mix and create the colors you want. This course is designed for students of all levels. Join us on Saturday morning and get creative!
Please have the items listed below ready before the class:
- Glass window acrylic paint: buy a set so you have multiple colors, or at least get white and the primary colors.
- Glass paint outliner
- Fine sewing needle or any needle up to 0.7mm
- Brushes: #3 and #4 (or #6), or a set
- Glass sheet: 11” x 14” (or anything bigger than letter size)
- Blue painter’s tape
- Paper towel
- Disposable paper plate or paint pallet for mixing colors
Note: Please clean your glass with glass cleaner before starting class.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the special techniques and materials used for glass painting
- Create unique artwork by painting on glass
- Be familiar with the tradition of glass painting
Who Should Take This Class?
- Anyone interested in glass painting
- Artists interested in a new medium
- People wanting to make crafts to display at home or to give to others as gifts
- Anyone looking for a creative outlet
Instructor, Location & Fee
- Instructor: Saman Shojaei
- Where: Online: Real-time and interactive through videoconferencing
- Fee: $39