Are you interested in going to Italy to experience the incredible art, architecture and culture?
Or are you inspired by Italian art and would like to advance your painting, drawing and/or photography skills influenced by the Italian masters?
This seven-session class will help you appreciate Italian artists and art works, providing the perfect preparation for your trip to Italy, or to use as your Italian art immersion.
Delve into Italian art history and the techniques used by the master Italian artists across mediums.
You will also make your own art, inspired by the art studied in class.
Discover techniques for painting, drawing and photographing landscapes, buildings and scenery in vibrant colors.
Explore textures, chiaroscuro, sfumato, reflections, and color theory.
In this class, you will also learn basic practical Italian language to use in your travels or studies of Italian art and culture.
Students will receive a complimentary Italian language book written by the instructor, with full color photographs and tips on travel, art, food, housing, activities, art supplies, and valuable things to know, while traveling throughout Italy.
Note: the instructor, Georgetta Gancarz, is also organizing a trip to Italy focusing on art in August (for credit through Travel Study at SCC). Message her directly on her Facebook page for information.
- Gain knowledge of Italian master artists and art works
- Learn about Italian art history
- Create art inspired by Italian artists
- Gain familiarity with techniques such as textures, chiaroscuro, sfumato, reflections, and color theory
- Develop skills in painting, drawing and photography
Learn basic Italian words and phrases that would aid you when visiting Italy
Who Should Take this Class?
- Anyone interested or planning a trip to Italy to appreciate art and architecture
- People who would like to study Italian art and artists
- Art students and artists who want to be inspired by Italian artists in their own work