Learn how to make beautiful paintings with a palette knife!
Explore new ways to express yourself in painting, using an assortment of textural mediums.
Without a brush, discover a variety of techniques to create picturesque landscapes, figures, wildlife and modern art.
Explore abstract and realistic styles and experiment with techniques as you create works of art.
If you are an experienced painter, explore new approaches.
Your instructor for this class, Georgetta Gancarz, is a professional teacher and artist, who has exhibited in museums and galleries worldwide.
If you haven't painted before, this is a great way to get started.
Please see the Textbooks and Supplies page on this website.
- Learn the tools and techniques to develop a work of art
- Application of texture in painting for personal expression and creating a finished work
- Use observation, linear perspective, volume and originality to explore composition, form, color, space, light, shadow in texture
- Express different ways to document art by developing an art vocabulary
- Understand art as a form of personal expression
Who Should Take this Class?
- Budding artists interested in this unique style of expression
- Experienced artists seeking a new element to their visual art
- Anyone who wants to create original paintings under the guidance of a professional artist
[I appreciated] Georgetta's encouragement and support as I learned a new technique. She's one a fantastic instructor!
The instructor was great and very helpful and personable. -- Janelle
[I liked the] interaction. The instructor was genuinely interested in your progress.
[I enjoyed] the opportunity to start from the very beginning with no experience, with a patient instructor. She was amazing!
Instructor, Location & Fee
- Instructor: Georgetta Gancarz
- Where: Online: Real-time and interactive through videoconferencing
- Fee: $199