Parents, would you like to help your child (or children) be successful using Zoom for school? If they have found Zoom confusing to use, or if they are new to Zoom videoconferencing, this workshop could help. In this workshop you can gain a deeper understanding of how to use Zoom so you can support your kids in navigating their online classes smoothly.
Gain experience using Zoom yourself, so you can guide your child or children. You will learn about the various tools available within Zoom, and how to use them well to make the most of online learning through Zoom.
Obtain tips and tricks for using the buttons and tools in Zoom, and best practices and etiquette in a Zoom classroom to maximize the learning and enjoyment for everyone. Explore using mute/unmute, video on or off, breakout rooms, raising your hand, asking a question during class, changing screen views, sending a message to the teacher, and more.
Learn how to troubleshoot and resolve issues independently such as when the screen is frozen, when you cannot hear others, when others cannot hear or see you, how to return to the class quickly when the internet is down, etc.
In addition to supporting your child or children, this experience might also be useful for you in navigating teacher conferences and school or community meetings, or taking online courses for yourself.
No prior experience and knowledge of Zoom is required.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Take classes on Zoom with confidence
- Know dos and don’ts
- Obtain tips and tricks: when and how mute/unmute, when on/off video, breakout room, raising hand, how to ask question during class, changing screen view, sending message to teacher, etc.
- Resolve issues independently: when the screen is frozen, when you cannot hear others, when others cannot hear/see you, how to come back to the class quickly when the internet is down suddenly, etc.
- Know the best environment for classes on Zoom: which room or location, background picture, etc.
- Understand how and when to assist your children
Who Should Take This Class?
This workshops if for parents who:
- Would like to assist their children when they are taking online classes, but have little or no knowledge or experience with Zoom
- Want to know what kind of learning experience their children are having on Zoom
- Wish to learn Zoom to support their children and also for themselves for parent teacher conferences, school meetings, or to take classes for themselves