Are you learning English but struggling with creating the right sounds to create the American accent?
Learn to speak like an American!
Gain a better understanding about American English speech patterns and become more successful producing American sounding English speech.
Practice pronouncing vowels, consonants, word endings, sound clusters and difficult words.
Explore American speech sounds and participate in critical listening and sound production.
Have fun learning tongue twisters, American slang and idioms.
Learn songs, play games and practice your American English with other English language learners in a supportive environment.
Please see the Textbooks and Supplies page on this website to find out about required and suggested books and materials for you to bring this class.
• Identify and overcome the challenges of speaking and listening to American English speech
• Listen for intonation, rate, and critical sound modifications
• Reduce accent interference when it comes to speech productions
• Utilize modified speech patterns in group interactions
• Practice pronunciation of vowels
• Practice consonant sounds (including stops, fricatives, affricates, nasals, liquid sounds, and glides)
• Boost pronunciation and fluency
Who Should Take This Class?
Prerequisites: Minimum of 3 quarters of ESL or equivalent.
This class is designed for students who want to improve pronunciation, reduce their accent in English, and speak like native American English speakers.