Learn about exploring the walking paths of Northern England’s Yorkshire Dales with experienced hikers, travelers and guide book authors Fred and Donna Austin.
Find out all about walking trips you can take in this beautiful part of the world, by arranging your adventure independently or using a service to book accommodations.
Discover miles and miles of buttercup meadows and drystone walls.
Learn about amazing sites you can explore including the ruins of Bolton Abbey, Bolton Castle and Richmond Castle.
Discover why James Herriot said, “Swaledale is the most beautiful place in England.”
Learn the finer points of independent walking with a light pack, how to follow a map and guide book and find the best bed and breakfast lodging, all while getting good value for your holiday.
Fred and Donna Austin, after 50 years of marriage and hundreds of backpacking and mountain climbing trips into our Cascade Mountains, now want to share their years of experience of walking the footpaths of Britain.
They continue expanding the series of British Footpath guide books (covering paths in England, Wales, Scotland, and Ireland), which were started by their friend Richard Hayward, who stumbled upon his first waymarked British footpath in 1974, and continued happily following these paths to the end of his life.
Through his and their love for these gentle pathways, they hope their walking classes and their walking guidebooks will allow others to discover their personal serendipitous journeys.
By the end of this course you be able to:
- Describe the walking paths, geography and sites of Northern England’s Yorkshire Dales
- Better understand how to arrange a walking trip
- Understand what to expect for a walking trip with a light pack, including how to follow a map and guide book and find lodging
Who Should Take This Class?
- Anyone interested in planning a trip to Northern England’s Yorkshire Dales
- People interested in taking a walking trip
- Class ID: 6307
- Instructor: Fred and Donna Austin
- When: 2 Tuesdays, 3/3 & 3/10; 6:30-8:30 PM
- Total Number of Hours: 4
- Where: Off Campus: North Seattle College; Room: CC Bldg; 3349, 9600 College Way N Seattle, WA 980103
- Fee: $69