Improve your English skills using today’s news as your textbook!
Intermediate-level English students, this class is for you.
Work on building vocabulary, understanding and comprehension of English.
Practice speaking, reading and listening and improve your skills.
Learn grammar naturally by exploring topics in the news each week.
Depending on the size and interests of the group, occasional guest speakers will join the class to provide interesting new perspectives.
Since class topics will be taken from the news that week, curriculum and learning outcomes will always be changing, and students can take this class more than once.
Au pairs learning English are encouraged to register for this class, but all ages, backgrounds and nationalities are encouraged to enroll.
To benefit from this class, intermediate or conversational English level is needed.
If the class is interested, we can take field trips to local destinations to enhance the learning and fun.
Materials for this class will be provided.
If you're learning English as a second language (ESL), or as a third or fourth language, at an intermediate level or better, this class if for you!
- Gain confidence in your ability to clearly discuss topics that are important to you in English
- Improve listening and comprehension skills in English
- Gain a better understanding of local and national US news
- Be able to share news about your home country with the group
Who Should Take this Class?
Prerequisite: Intermediate English or above.
- Anyone interested in improving their English speaking, reading and listening skills
- English language learners who would like to be able to better understand and discuss current events in the United States and from their home countries
- English language learners who would like to participate in guided conversations with other students
I enjoyed the conversations about our own traditions, countries, habits, and routines. It helped a lot. --Roxanne