Learn everyday Japanese vocabulary and expressions in this very interactive class!
Develop basic oral and written communication skills while exploring traditional and modern Japanese culture.
You will get acquainted with the essentials of Japanese grammar and learn to read and write Hiragana and Katakana.
Required textbook: Japanese For Busy People, 3rd Edition. Romanized Version ISBN: 978-1-56836-384-4 or Kana Version ISBN: 978-1-56836-385-1. Check online for best prices.
- Build basic comprehensive Japanese skills in speaking, listening, reading, writing and
- Identify and learn how to write/read Hiragana (Japanese syllabary writing system)
- Identify and learn how to write/read Katakana
- Build basic everyday vocabulary and expressions
- Develop essential listening, speaking, reading and writing skills for simple conversation
- Learn essential grammar
- Explore traditional and modern Japanese culture
Who Should Take this Class?
- This class is for people who are interested in Japanese language and culture and would like to learn.
- It is also a perfect starter for those who wish to learn comprehensive Japanese skills in speaking, listening, reading, writing and grammar.
Thank you so much for teaching a great class. This is the best Japanese class I have taken to date. I have learned Hiragana in the past, but could never seem to learn Katakana. Your creative pictures and reminders were really helpful, and it feels so good to finally get it. I am looking forward to the spring class. The zoom class seemed to work pretty well. I will be motivated! - Student