Learn Russian! Begin by learning everyday vocabulary and expressions in the Russian language. Enjoy interacting with the instructor and fellow students as you develop basic oral and written communication skills. You will also be able to learn to read and write the Russian alphabet.
While learning the language, you will also have the opportunity to explore traditional and modern Russian culture.
In this class you will become acquainted with the essentials of Russian spoken and written language, basic grammar, alphabet and culture.
Please bring a notebook and pen or pencil. You will need a computer with camera and microphone for real-time interactive online modality.
Please acquire the required textbook: Nachalo, Book 1 (Bk. 1) 2nd Edition. ASIN: B006TD4I00. Check online for best prices.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Develop essential speaking and listening skills for simple conversations
- Know very basic grammar
- Write, read and pronounce the Russian alphabet
- Build everyday vocabulary and expressions
- Understand an introduction to traditional and modern Russian culture
Who Should Take This Class?
- Travelers, business people, friend or family of a Russian speaker, or anyone interested in Russian culture.
- Anyone who would like to know how to greet and have small conversation with native Russian speakers.
- No knowledge of Russian is needed.
Instructor, Location & Fee
- Instructor: Irina Spinosa
- Where: Online: Real-time and interactive through videoconferencing
- Fee: $229