Are you interested in expanding your knowledge of Spanish into the realm of basic conversation?
Spanish Conversation for Beginners will give you the opportunity to learn vocabulary within a cultural context, as well as practice speaking with others who are at a similar level.
During this course, we'll cover the following:
- Learn new vocabulary and practice words you already know that are related to introductions, routines, dates, numbers and more
- Practice introducing yourself -- your name, where you're from, where you live and what you do
- Learn to tell the date, the weather, days of the week, months and years
- Practice skills to enable you to have an informal conversation asking people how they are
- Talk about your daily routines at home or at work -- including describing your job, your day, your hobbies and more
- Listen to songs and identify and practice new and old vocabulary
- Learn vocabulary to describe people and activities, and make and receive phone calls
Please see the Textbooks and Supplies page on this website to find out about required and suggested materials for you to bring this class.
- Learn how to utilize the Spanish vocabulary you may know into informal conversations
- Improve your Spanish vocabulary
- Practice and hone your pronunciation
- Gain confidence in speaking with others in a supportive environment
Who Should Take this Class?
Prerequisite: Some previous knowledge of Spanish in a beginner level
- Individuals with a beginner-level understanding of Spanish
- Anyone who wants to expand their conversational skills
Teresa is just delightful and is a wonderful teacher.
I really enjoyed how approachable the instructor is, she could take on the most basic of questions and still feel like she was supporting your journey in the language. I say this because it's easy for an advanced person to come off condescending when responding to basic questions.
I loved how hands on she makes the material. Very engaging. -- Brittany Broyles
I enjoyed the opportunity to practice Spanish with other learners, and the frequent opportunities to practice speaking in class. I found instructions around conjugating verbs very helpful (I had tried learning Spanish via apps like duolingo, but they aren't set up well to teach grammar mechanics). -- Laura Horan
The conversations with my classmates provided excellent practice and I appreciated the teacher stepping in to help when needed. --Autumn
She's a very welcoming teacher and made it safe to use our bad Spanish. --Suzanne
Profesora Teresa is such a wonderful teacher, very caring and clearly enjoys what she does. I loved the reading materials and homework, which has helped my knowledge of Spanish language improve. I liked that she had us interact with others, which was fun. --Mickey
- Class ID: 6620
- Instructor: Teresa Ramon Joffre or Azure Grossi (two sections of this class are being offered at the same time)
- When: 10 Tuesdays; 9/24/2019-12/3/2019; 5:30 PM-7:45 PM; except 11/26 & 12/3 class ends at 7:30 PM; NO class 11/19
- Total Number of Hours: 22
- Where: Broadway Edison Building, Room 4148; 1701 Broadway, Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $219
- Additional Notes: No class on 11/19. On 11/26 & 12/3 class ends at 7:30 PM (not 7:45 PM like the other days).