Have you had moments that you didn’t understand the meaning of a Spanish phrase, even though you understood the literal words, and you had to ask a native speaker to help you understand?
Every language has idiomatic phrases and expressions, and they are very hard for non-native speakers because they are deeply influenced by the culture.
This course is designed for those who have intermediate-advanced Spanish skills who wish to learn informal everyday speech used by native Spanish speakers in a fun and interactive learning environment.
Learn common expressions and idioms in both verbal and written forms and have fun increasing adding flavor and dimension to your Spanish conversational skills.
Enjoy a variety of interactive learning exercises to help you incorporate an expanded language approach and learning with a community of language learners of a similar level.
By the end of class, students will:
- Be able to use new idioms and expressions in the proper context
- Have an improved understanding of culture in Spanish speaking countries
- Be comfortable with written and spoke Spanish common to daily life
- Have increased proficiency in Spanish grammar and vocabulary
- Deepened understanding of current Spanish-speaking culture
Who Should Take this Class?
- Required: Intermediate-advanced level of Spanish language or equivalent.
- Strongly recommend that students have taken 6–8 quarters of Spanish (120 hours to 160 hours).