This workshop is designed for anyone studying or working in healthcare and related fields.
Learn medical vocabulary in Spanish and practice conversations for essential communication with clients and patients in medical settings.
This class is perfect for you if you work in hospitals, health care facilities, medical schools or social services, or do related work.
Improve your effectiveness and confidence in communicating with Spanish speakers!
Suggested text: McGraw-Hill-Complete-Medical-Spanish-Second Edition (ISBN-13: 978-0071664295, ISBN-10: 0071664297).
By the end of class, students will be able to:
- Use common present tense verbs (-ar, -er, and -ir)
- Conjugate the verbs SER and ESTAR and learn its use and difference.
- Give instructions with the imperative tense.
- Describe symptoms and ask about specific chief complaints
- Create dialogs of patient interviews and visits
- Tell the time
Who Should Take this Class?
No prior knowledge is required.
- Medical and healthcare professionals or students
Theresa is a gifted teacher. She was adept at tailoring the class to various language experience levels. The class was a lot of fun.
Teresa is just delightful and is a wonderful teacher.
I really enjoyed how approachable the instructor is, she could take on the most basic of questions and still feel like she was supporting your journey in the language.
I loved how hands on she makes the material. Very engaging.
She's a very welcoming teacher and made it safe to use our bad Spanish.
Profesora Teresa is such a wonderful teacher, very caring and clearly enjoys what she does.