Build upon your Spanish language skills and experience!
This class uses an experiential methodology, action, and humor to create a fun and low-stress learning environment.
Conducted entirely in Spanish, the class engages students in activities designed around poems, stories, interviews, role-plays, and games -- all to help you improve your conversation skills.
Review grammar and narrating the past, while exploring various grammar topics such as using multiple object pronouns together, future and conditional tenses, the subjunctive mood -- both present and past -- and more.
The focus, grammar and topics of this class will change each quarter, so you can continue to take this class throughout the year with new material to continue your Spanish education.
The focus of fall quarter 2019 will be on narrating the past in the three main tenses: preterite, imperfect and present perfect.
Explore fables, stories and poetry as a fun and memorable context to learn the past tenses and other grammatical structures (object pronouns, etc.), along with new vocabulary.
Ideally, you can read in Spanish on your own time between classes, and do some fun and creative homework, in order to enhance your learning.
- Students will be able to share views on topics including:
- relationships and personal values
- social issues and challenges affecting modern society
- the future and personal goals
- Students will use new grammar structures to practice:
- giving commands
- offering advice
- making suggestions and persuading others
- expressing opinions using the Indicative and Subjunctive
- talking about the future
- Students will be able to hypothesize about:
- the present
- the past
- express hypothetical reactions
- Students will create and roleplay dialogs and action stories.
- Students will discuss assigned poems/stories in class and, as homework, compose short essays/poems—in writing--using readings as inspiration.
Who Should Take this Class?
Prerequisite: Working knowledge of present tense, informal future and everyday vocabulary.
Students who have very good comprehension (class conducted solely in Spanish) and want to review and build on conversational skills and grammar structures.
I couldn’t imagine a better class to suit the needs of working adults. Excellent! -- Megan