The largest country in South America and Latin America, Brazil is one of the world’s top tourist destinations.
While the Amazon rainforest is home to millions of different species of animals and plants, the cities are busy hosting the world largest carnival every year and cheering the five-time World Cup championship winning soccer team.
Beaches and colorful towns welcome adventurous visitors from all over the world throughout the year.
Discover more about Brazil through this workshop!
Visit (virtually) popular sites in Brazil, explore traditional and contemporary Brazilian culture, and learn how to cook a popular desert.
You will also learn useful Brazilian Portuguese vocabulary and expressions for your future trip to Brazil.
No prior knowledge of Brazil or Brazilian Portuguese language is required.
Supplies/Ingredients to Prepare before the Third Session
Classic Brazilian Fudge Balls, Brigadeiro
- 1 can of cream
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 12 oz semi-sweet morsels (100% real chocolate chip)
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup (Karo)
- 1 cup chocolate sprinkle as needed
- explore Brazilian culture, both traditional and modern
- gain an understanding of some interesting historical facts
- experience and learn how to cook a traditional desert
- learn useful basic Brazilian Portuguese vocabulary and phrases
- be familiar with popular sites in Brazil
- gain useful information about Brazil for visiting there in the future
Who Should Take This Class?
Anyone interested in learning about Brazilian culture and cuisine
Anybody planning to visit Brazil in the future
People who have Brazilian friends and family members and would like to have a better understanding about the country and culture
Anyone who would like to have a "virtual travel" adventure in Brazil and cultural experience from their own home