Japan is one of the most extraordinary nations where centuries-old traditions peacefully coexist alongside modern technology and innovation.
This small island is full of surprises.
There are thousands of historical temples and shrines, hidden hot springs and picturesque small villages all over the island.
While Tokyo is a busy capitol city and center of many businesses, shops and restaurants, it is also considered the safest metropolis in the world.
In this class, virtually visit popular sites in Japan, explore traditional and contemporary Japanese culture, and learn how to cook traditional and popular dishes!
You will also learn useful Japanese vocabulary and expressions for your future trip visiting Japan in person.
This workshop is designed for adults (18+ years old) due to the content.
No prior knowledge of Japan and Japanese language is needed.
Supplies and Ingredients to Prepare Before Workshop
Tokyo-Style Teriyaki Chicken
- Chicken (0.5 – 0.6 lb.), fish or very firm tofu
- ½ onion
- 1 egg
- Soy sauce
- Sugar (or Mirin – sweet rice wine)
- Cooking oil
- A small or medium frying pan
- Flour or starch (optional)
- Skewers (optional)
- Green onion, chili sauce/powder (optional)
NOTE: These ingredients are for our first recipe on the first session. For the ingredients needed for cooking in the second and third sessions, the instructor will share that with you during the first and second sessions.
- explore Japanese traditional and modern culture
- experience and learn how to cook traditional dishes
- learn useful basic Japanese vocab and phrases
- be familiar with popular sites in Japan
- obtain useful information and history about Japan that would help prepare you for for visiting in the future
Who Should Take This Class?
Anyone interested in learning about Japanese culture and cuisine at the same time
People who are planning to visit Japan in the future and who wish to learn about Japan beforehand
Anybody who has Japanese friends and family members and would like to have a deeper understanding of the country, culture, food and language
People who would like to have a "virtual travel" experience around Japan for a sense of fun and adventure from home