One of the world’s safest nations, the Czech Republic has the most castles in Europe including the largest ancient castle in the world.
The Czech Republic attracts tourists and professionals from all over the world throughout the year.
Many visitors enjoy the sound of the third-oldest astronomical clock in Prague every hour with a pint glass of the famous Czech pilsner beer while some enjoy classical music concerts and local festivals.
Discover more about the Czech Republic through this workshop!
Explore traditional and contemporary Czech culture, virtually visit popular sites in the Czech Republic, and learn how to prepare one of the most popular and typical dishes.
Learn useful Czech vocabulary and expressions for your future trip to the Czech Republic.
During the second session, enjoy making the popular traditional appetizer called Obložené Chlebíčky. The instructor will provide an ingredient list and details during the first session.
No prior knowledge of the Czech Republic and Czech language required.
- Understand basic aspects of the culture in the Czech Republic.
- Identify major historical sites in Prague and the Czech Republic.
- Be able to say “Hello”, “Goodbye”, “Thank you”, “Sorry”, “Excuse me” and other basic phrases in Czech.
- Learn how to order food, beer and other drinks in Czech.
- Be familiar with several restaurants, pubs and bars in Prague.
- Make a traditional Czech snack, e.g. open-faced sandwiches.
Who Should Take This Class?
- Anyone interested in Czech or European cultures.
- Everyone interested in taking a virtual tour of Prague and several towns in the Czech Republic
- People who would like to learn about traditional Czech culture, food and beer and culture.
- Anyone who is planning a trip to Prague and the Czech Republic.