Paraguay is a fascinating and beautiful Latin American country bordered by Bolivia, Brazil and Argentina.
Most travelers fall in love with the charming colonial capital, Asunción.
However, many visitors find Paraguay’s true beauty lives outside the big city: sweeping savannahs, untouched rainforests, small towns with cobbled streets and local markets, and wilderness areas home to exotic species of animals and plants.
This workshop will virtually take you to little-known yet culturally rich sites in the Paraguay.
Learn about Paraguayan geography, culture, a bit of language, cooking and gain useful travel information in this virtual tour.
Participate in cooking one of the popular Paraguayan dishes, the classic non-soupy Sopa Paraguaya (during the second session).
You will also learn useful Spanish vocabulary and expressions as well as Paraguayan culture for your future trip to Paraguay.
No prior knowledge of Paraguay and Spanish language required. The instructor will notify you about ingredients needed for cooking during the second session.
- explore Paraguayan traditional and modern Paraguayan culture and some interesting historical facts
- gain useful information about Paraguay for your future trip
- experience and learn how to cook a traditional dish
- learn useful basic Spanish vocabulary and phrases
- become familiar with popular sites in Paraguay
Who Should Take This Class?
- Anyone interested in learning about Paraguayan culture and cuisine
- People planning to visit Paraguay in the future
- Anybody who has Paraguayan friends and family members and would like to better understand the country and culture
- Anyone who would like to have a "virtual travel" adventure in Paraguay and cultural experience from their own home