Enjoy a review of the vocabulary, expressions, and grammatical concepts introduced in Yiddish levels 1 through 3.
Improve your confidence in having a conversation.
Focus on your speaking and listening comprehension, writing and reading comprehension, speech and pronunciation, and a systematic review of grammar.
Enjoy songs, poems, colorful art displays and a fun, interactive environment.
If you have completed 3 quarters (60 hours) of Yiddish study or equivalent, this course if a good match for you.
This course will prepare you to smoothly move on to Level 4 in the future.
This course can also be great preparation if you have completed 1 or 2 quarters of Yiddish (20 hours to 40 hours) and you wish to continue learning the language.
- Continue learning to read, write, and converse in more complex Yiddish.
- Gain the confidence and vocabulary to carry on a conversation beyond just knowing the odd Yiddish word or phrase.
- Learn vocabulary for greetings, family members, health, the weather, and so on.
- Practice conversation with the instructor and other students.
- Explore Yiddish songs, poems, and colorful art displays.
- Gain language facility in a fun and interactive environment.
Who Should Take This Class?
Prerequisites: One quarter or 20 hours of Yiddish.
Yiddish students interested in furthering their Yiddish learning or reviewing what they have already learned.