Understanding currents and tides is key to safe, enjoyable boating in Puget Sound.
The dramatic landscape makes for beautiful scenery, but it also creates some especially challenging sea conditions.
Whether you're a day sailor or long-distance cruiser, this class will help you understand the forces that drive currents and tides and give you insights on how to navigate them in local waters.
Learn how to predict Puget Sound tides and currents and how to read current charts and tide tables.
We will also discuss how weather affects tides and currents.
Required text: Please bring a copy of Tidal Currents of Puget Sound, by David Burch , ISBN 0914025163 ($20).
In this class, you will:
- Learn how to predict Puget Sound tides and currents
- To read current charts and tide tables
- Become familiar with the various tools and resources available
- Understand the basics of how weather affects tides and currents
Who Should Take this Class?
- Recreational boaters
- Anyone interested in learning about tides and currents, especially in Puget Sound