There are essential knots that all recreational sail and power boaters should know.
Learn how to tie several knots that are super handy for boaters -- while enjoying seasonal and limited release beers from local Seattle breweries!
Improve your knot tying skills and feel more confident and knowledgeable to enjoy your time boating even more.
In this class, you'll learn how to:
- Tie a variety of knots, including the bowline, clove hitch, round turn and two half hitches, stopper knots, reef knot, locking cleat hitch, cow hitch, and rolling hitch.
- Recognize the appropriate knot to use in various situations.
Come to the beautiful Seattle Maritime Academy for recreational boating education and community!
Light snacks and non-alcohol drinks will also be provided.
- Gain experience with tying a variety of different knots
- Know how to tie the right knot for the right purpose
- Have fun!
Who Should Take this Class?
- Recreational boaters interested in improving their knot tying skills in a fun atmosphere
All students must be 21 years or older, with a valid picture ID.