A Very High Frequency (VHF) marine radio is an essential piece of equipment for every boater.
Even in the cell phone era, your VHF radio should be your go-to device in an emergency for monitoring your surroundings and for communicating with other boats.
Knowing how to use it correctly can be confusing.
In this course, you will learn how to operate your VHF radio with confidence.
We will cover all the basics so you will be ale to use your radio knowledgeably and effectively.
Learn which channels to use in various situations.
Explore how to make and receive routine and emergency radio calls, following proper radio protocol and etiquette.
Gain the understanding and practice you need to be safe and savvy using your VHF radio in any situation.
In this class, you will:
- Learn which channels to use in various situations
- Be able to make and receive routine and emergency radio calls
- Practice making your transmissions clear and understandable
- Understand proper radio protocol and etiquette
- Learn proper use of emergency position indicating radio beacons (EPIRBs) and search and rescue transponder (SART) for marine rescue
Who Should Take this Class?
- Recreational boaters
- Anyone interested in learning proper routine and emergencey use of a marine radio