As people age, most of us become less active and less mobile, and we sit more.
This is normal and our bodies stiffen up.
Did you know that the diaphragm is the primary muscle we use for respiration and it also becomes flabby and weak?
If you want to move better in your daily life, or perform at your highest level when you exercise, practicing better breathing is the key.
In this rewarding workshop, learn the power of breathing and how you can improve the quality of your breathing and have better movement as a result!
Learn to breath optimally and how to strengthen your diaphragm by doing exercises that feel good.
Enjoy the freedom and sense of well-being that comes from feeling better overall, increasing your looseness and mobility, and sending oxygen more fully to all parts of your body.
Please wear comfortable clothes when you attend this online workshop.
No prior knowledge of biology and related subject required.
This class is part of our Senior Series specifically designed for older students on diverse topics, offered during the day, though everyone (adults of all ages) is welcome to take this class.
During/by the end of the workshop, students will:
- understand the basic knowledge about the diaphragmatic muscle and the intercostal muscles
- learn about B (breath), R (relax), A (joint alignment), I (isolation), N (nurturing movement ability)
- practice techniques of maintaining natural alignment of the spine through postural breathing techniques
- maximize safety and effectiveness by exhaling on the movement involving exertion and inhale on the return movement
Who Should Take This Class?
- Anyone who wishes to improve body movement
- Those who wish to learn better breathing to get rid of mental stress and body stiffness
- Everyone who would like to learn how breathing connects to body movements in general
- People who are interested in safe and effective increase in mobility through relaxation in limited space and time
Instructor, Location & Fee
- Instructor: Edna Daigre
- Where: Online: Real-time and interactive through videoconferencing
- Fee: $19