Explore some of the more remarkable pieces of folk artwork in China and learn about their fascinating history and origins. Dig into traditional Chinese culture, as well as cultural diversity in China. Enjoy learning about the reproduction of cultural heritage through art.
No previous knowledge of Chinese art and history are needed to enjoy this cultural exploration and appreciation.
This course is part of our Senior Series, courses designed for older students offered during the daytime on diverse topics, though students of all ages are welcome.
By the end of this workshop, you will
• Become familiar with Chinese art history
• Obtain knowledge of Chinese folk art and explore how individual pieces and types of art are created
• Enhance and widen your knowledge of Chinese traditional culture
Who Should Take This Class?
- Anyone who would like to explore Chinese art history
- People interested in Chinese ancient artwork
- Anyone who enjoys Chinese culture, customs and tradition
- Students of Chinese language
- People seeking new ideas, perspectives and mental stimulation