Learn how to prepare for and complete a self-supported bicycle tour.
The notion of cycling in the woods with a loaded bike can be really intimidating, and this course is meant to break down the basics of cycle touring into approachable pieces in a supportive environment.
In three hours, you will learn about what to look for in a bike, what clothes, equipment and materials to pack, and the gear you will need to load it all up.
We will also discuss how to plan a successful trip depending on your interests and experience level.
Discuss basic camping and bike repair skills that are helpful on the road, as well as local resources for cyclists.
No prior knowledge and experience of outdoor activities and riding bike is required.
By the end of this class, students will:
- Understand the basic gear needed to go on a self-supported bike tour
- Receive tips on how to plan a trip for different interests and experience levels
- Understand basic camping and bike repair skills needed to be self-sufficient
- Be introduced to local resources for cyclists
Who Should Take this Class?
- People of all ages who love the outdoors and riding their bikes.
- Anyone interested in learning how to plan and go on a self-supported bicycle trip