Learn how to use massage to relieve stress, improve physical comfort and foster intimacy with another person.
This course is designed for couples looking to aid themselves, their partners and intimates with basic massage techniques.
Taught by a licensed massage therapist, this class will show you simple techniques that offer great health benefits.
Learn how to give a good massage that feels healthful and successful for both the giver and receiver.
Learn to use traditional Swedish massage techniques to care for another person through touch, including the three basics: Effleurage, Petrissage and Tapotement.
Gain experience in proper body mechanics to prevent injuries.
Wear comfortable clothing with a tank top or loose fitting t-shirt on top.
We will be fully clothed during class and massage practice.
Please bring a yoga mat, and three pillows to class.
The instructor will demonstrate techniques that you can practice in class with hands on corrections as requested.
You will also have plenty of time to ask questions and experiment in order to develop your experience with techniques you are learning.
To help you practice these skills at home, you will receive printed reference material along with sample massage lotions/oils.
- Be able to perform the three basic Swedish massage strokes in an ergonomic way
- Know how to transition between various strokes and the traditional order of the strokes
- Feel comfortable while performing massage without hand, wrist or back pain
Who Should Take this Class?
This class is designed for romantic partners interested in learning about and practicing therapeutic massage.
- Class ID: 6671
- Instructor: Carolyn Brenith
- When: 3 Saturdays; 10/12/2019-10/26/2019; 10:00 AM-12:00 PM
- Total Number of Hours: 6
- Where: Broadway Edison Building, Room 1139B; 1701 Broadway, Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $139
- Additional Notes: Note: The fee is for one person. This course is intended for couples and each person needs to register individually.