Data literacy is a crucial but rare skill to have for managers of any modern‐day business. In this intensive "boot camp" curriculum for working professionals, learn how to extract actionable insights from big data, enabling you to solve real‐world problems in the shortest duration possible.
Decipher the reality and understand the business value, challenges and rewards of data in order to leverage it sufficiently to advance your business goals.
Gain an understanding of the fundamentals of data science and gain skills in R programming and Azure machine learning tools for data science. Learn the right mix of theoretical concepts, hands‐on practical exercises, and business interpretation of results.
By participating in this course, you will develop clarity out of the jargon and buzz in order to make reasoned business decisions. You will be able to understand what’s real and what’s not – the rhetoric and realities of big data.
Develop a working knowledge of the business challenges and strategic rewards of big data initiatives that will help you as a manager. We will review real world case studies, both successful and unsuccessful ones, and the reasons for each. Learn from others' successes and failures.
We will look at different organizational structures for big data and analytics teams, and the pros and cons of each. These models will be useful for you to gain insight for your own operation.Understand the skills needed for professionals of a big data and analytics team, including what is really important to look for in a data scientist.
In this intensive training, feel empowered, and empower others, with the knowledge necessary to make optimal decisions about the use, resourcing, risks, and value of big data.
This course, Data for Boot Camp, is led by Jish Nath in real time online through videoconferencing. See below to learn about the boot camp style format and organization of what you will learn.
“Big Data MBA” by Bill Schmarzo (ISBN 978-1-119-18111).
Big Data Boot Camp Course Outline
This curriculum has been scheduled to accommodate working professionals.
Session 1: Big Data Introduction
Session 2: Business of Big Data
Session 3: Analytics of Big Data - Part I
Session 4: Analytics of Big Data - Part II
Session 5: Big Data Technologies - Part I
Session 6: Big Data Technologies - Part II
Session 7: Big Data Technologies - Part III
Session 8: Big Data Technologies - Part IV
Session 9: Organizational Dynamics
Session 10: Future of Big Data
By the end of this course, you will:
- Acquire the skills that are needed to apply for and/or manage existing big data projects
- Gain an understanding of the business value to identify big data opportunities with maximum monetization potential
- Make reasoned assessments between risks and rewards to be able to seek support from C-level executives
- As a manager, foster better collaboration among the owners of the various big data operations
- Differentiate between what’s real and what’s not about big data when initiating an architecture discussion
- Understand the skills needed for professionals of a big data such as engineers and scientists to become a better mentor
Who Should Take this Class?
- Business and functional managers struggling to understand big data
- Executives who are trying to cut through the swirl of buzz words, technical terms, and vendor claims to make strategic decisions about big data
- Information technology managers seeking business rationalization for big data initiatives
- Analytic professionals trying to understand the differences in “regular data” and big data
- People curious about big data in order to make decisions about using it