Looking for ways to boost your chances of success with your new or small business?
The Entrepreneurship Certificate program will guide you through establishing, launching, and building a successful business.
Learn how to plan for your business, explore financial considerations, determine the feasibility of your business idea, and then gain insight into developing and implementing a successful marketing program.
This online course is offered through our educational partner, LERN.
Read about the online learning experience in our Frequently Asked Questions.
This program is comprised of the following courses:
Walk away with a solid understanding of the viability of your business idea, if you’ve got what it takes to be a successful entrepreneur, resources for funding, and more.
During this course, we’ll take a practical, hands-on approach to developing your business plan one step at a time, encouraging you to immerse yourself in the vision and planning of your business.
Learn a step-by-step approach to attracting and retaining customers within the constraints of a realistic budget in this entrepreneurial marketing class.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will:
- Identify the knowledge, skills, and abilities required of successful entrepreneurs and how to acquire them
- Develop goals to help establish your business
- Understand how to establish a legal business entity
- Develop an outline for your business plan
- Know how to use technology to make your business more professional
- Generate ideas on what types of business to consider
- Determine if starting a business is right for you
- Possess a clear description of your proposed business
- Have the basic components of a business plan
- Possess a detailed checklist for next steps to research and launch your business
- Analyze the feasibility of your business
- Possess an understanding of your customers to support your marketing efforts
- Know the steps to build a strong brand
- Have a marketing calendar and budget
- Know which marketing tools will be most effective for your business
- Have key selling messages for your business
Who Should Take this Class?
- Anyone with a business idea who is seeking professional guidance and making their dream a reality
- Small business owners who are interested in additional support in formalizing their business plan and growth strategy
- Class ID: 5931
- Instructor: Conrad Brian Law, Kathy Nadlman and Mary Beth Izard
- When: Flexible start dates
- Total Number of Hours: 48
- Where: Online
- Fee: $495