Project management skills are essential in a wide variety of professional roles, and can even be a wonderful asset in your personal life.
Gain a thorough introduction to the fundamentals of project management, approaching it from the standpoint of managing a single, stand-alone project that is small to medium-sized.
Work through the project life cycle using the same steps you would use when managing any variety of real life projects.
During this course, we'll cover the following:
- Project life cycles from initiation through planning, executing, controlling, and closing
- Project charters
- Creating a work-breakdown structure
- Network diagramming
- Finalizing the project plan
- Scope management
- Stakeholder identification
- Cost management
- Scheduling and schedule management
- Earned value measurement
- Change control
This course's curriculum is based on the Project Management Institute's (PMI) Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide), and provides the foundation for your training to become PMP certified.
Who Should Take this Class?
Prerequisites: An understanding and experience with MS Windows and Office products; two or more years of experience in a project management environment is helpful, but not required.
- Product or program managers, coordinators, staff or supervisors
- Anyone interested in understanding project management
- Journey-level project managers seeking to deepen their expertise and understanding
- Subject matter experts
- Financial analysts
- Team leaders, stakeholders and senior leadership
Participating in group activities and going through the actual PMBOK processes was very helpful. -Student
The written material was very helpful. The instructor was very kind and friendly. -Student
Instructor, Location & Fee