Acquire the fundamental concepts of green building through Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED).
Then prepare yourself to take the Green Associate exam and earn the LEED Green Associate credential from the Green Building Certification Institute.
LEED is the most widely used green building rating system in the world.
Available for virtually all building, community and home project types, LEED provides a framework to create healthy, highly efficient and cost-saving green buildings.
LEED certification is a globally recognized symbol of sustainability achievement.
LEED v4 takes a more performance-based approach to design, operations and maintenance that calls for measurable results throughout a project’s life cycle.
It brings smart grid thinking to the forefront, includes an expanded focus on materials, uses a more comprehensive approach to water efficiencyand offers a streamlined documentation process and even better alignment between rating systems for a better customer experience.
This course is intended for design, construction and real estate professionals, building owners or anyone who wants to develop their knowledge in this area.
In this course, examine case studies of LEED certified building projects, concepts of integrated design, third-party verification and the LEED administration process.
Kelly Gearhart, your instructor, holds the designations LEED AP B+C and LEED AP O+M, and will answer your questions during online discussions.
This is a two month online course offered through our educational partner, LERN.
Read about the online learning experience in our Frequently Asked Questions.
- Learn the fundamental concepts of green building through Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)
- Become prepared to take the Green Associate exam and earn the LEED Green Associate credential from the Green Building Certification Institute
- Examine case studies of LEED certified building projects, concepts of integrated design, third-party verification and the LEED administration process.
Who Should Take this Class?
- Design, construction and real estate professionals
- Building owners
- Anyone who wants to develop their knowledge in green building
How Online Learning Works
Online learning is a flexible, enjoyable and productive way to learn. You will be able to engage with the instructor and other participants.
It is easy to participate in your online course with our educational partner, LERN. After you register, you will be given a web address to go to get into your online classroom. You will have a password and use your email address and password to gain access.
Once inside the online classroom, here’s what you can expect:
Participate when you want.
You can participate any time of day or evening. The online classroom is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
There are no live real-time requirements or meetings. You decide when you participate.
For each unit, you will:
- Read the online readings
- Listen to the audio presentation for the unit and view the slides
- Take a self-quiz to see how much you have learned
- Engage in written online discussion with your instructor and other participants
The content (readings, audio lectures, slides) and self quizzes are accessible for the entire course, so you can work ahead, or go back and review as many times as you want, at your convenience.
Discuss what you're learning and ask questions.
The discussion for each unit lasts one week. All comments are made in writing and can be made at any time of the day or night.
We encourage you to actively participate (make 2-3 comments or questions each day) to maximize your learning and enjoyment of the course.
Your instructor will log into the discussion area at least once a day and answer questions, make comments and respond to comments by you and the other participants.
- Class ID: 6000
- Instructor: Seattle Central Staff
- When: Flexible start dates
- Total Number of Hours: 32
- Where: Online
- Fee: $695