The Nutritional Therapy Practitioner (NTP) Online program is a ten-month, instructor led, and fully online program encompassing the Nutritional Therapy Association's foundational and bio-individual approach to functional, holistic nutrition.
NTPs are equipped to support the body’s innate ability to heal by addressing the importance of nutrient-dense food, lifestyle choices, culinary wellness, client coaching, and how social and personal components influence health.
The program takes an in-depth look at the function and dysfunction of each body system, food quality and sourcing, culinary skills, meal planning, health and wellness barriers and influences, emotional well-being, environmental factors, the importance of sleep and movement, as well as stress and its effect on the body.
Students are empowered with the necessary motivational interviewing techniques, clinical and practical skills, and cutting-edge knowledge to become a highly recognized nutrition and wellness professional in their community.
Check the NTP website for information about scholarships, personal loans and payment plans.
For more information, sign up for an Info Session.
What to Expect
The NTP online program covers a full range of topics from the evolution of the modern diet to anatomy and physiology, therapeutic nutrition strategies, and lifestyle support factors like movement, sleep, stress management, and community. Each module includes engaging video lectures from our team of knowledgeable instructors, lecture guides, required reading, as well as a variety of additional reference materials. All video lectures, lecture guides, and additional reference materials are accessible on our online learning platform.
Students learn our complete client consultation process and reinforce acquired competencies through practical experience working with clients, motivational interviewing techniques, ways to manage client concerns and track progress, tools for assessing clients’ bio-individual needs, ways of determining optimal health goals, and designing customized nutrition and lifestyle protocols. Students also have free access to Modernmeal, a meal plan creation and nutritional analysis tool for use with clients.
Online Classroom Environment
Guided by expert instructors, students are expected to complete the coursework independently, following a weekly schedule to stay on pace with assignments, projects, and exams. The instructional team hosts regular conference calls to discuss the current module curriculum, present additional resources and topics for students to explore, and hold an open Q&A for student inquiries. In addition, each student is assigned to a Course Mentor in small groups for personalized instructional support. Mentors hold calls monthly for in-depth subject matter discussions, case study presentations, and guidance from their experience working in the holistic nutrition field.
Assessments are focused on critical thinking and engagement through practical and written assignments that allow students to assess, build upon, and apply their firsthand knowledge to future clients. They include traditional written assignments, midterm and final exams, and required online discussion forum participation. Additionally, students are given action-oriented assignments and a community outreach project that provides opportunities to practice what they’ve learned and establish themselves as a recognized nutrition and wellness resource in their community.
- Understand nutrition as it relates to health and wellness
- Become familiar with a full range of topics from the evolution of the modern diet to anatomy and physiology, therapeutic nutrition strategies, and lifestyle support factors like movement, sleep, stress management, and community.
- Gain practical experience working with clients and become familiar with motivational interviewing techniques, ways to manage client concerns and track progress, tools for assessing clients’ bio-individual needs, ways of determining optimal health goals, and designing customized nutrition and lifestyle protocols.
- Gain tips and resources for setting up their own practices.
Who Should Take this Class?
Prerequisites: To take the course, you must have reliable, high-speed Internet access and be comfortable working in a primarily online environment.
If you’re looking to launch a new career in the holistic nutrition industry, gain confidence to support the health of your friends and family, or to enhance your current profession with this life-changing knowledge, the NTP Online program is for you.
- Class ID: 8275
- Instructor: Nutritional Therapy Practitioner Instructors
- When: May 11, 2020 - March 14, 2021 (register until May 1) or September 14, 2020 - July 18, 2021 (register May 12-Sep 4)
- Where: Online
- Fee: $5,900
- Additional Notes: Students register directly with The Nutritional Therapy Association. The tuition fee includes access to: Q & A calls with instructors, weekly instructor office hours, and student forums maintained by the instructional team. The fee does not include required texts.