Parents, we know the transition to online learning has been challenging for families. This course provides you with support to make the most of the online classroom experience, while class is not in session. Become familiar with the online tools and explore how you can help the online students in your home utilize and enjoy the online classroom experience more. If your child's or children's school is using Microsoft Teams, this is the course for you.
Microsoft Teams facilitates people meeting and interacting through computer videoconferencing -- especially useful when you can't meet in person. You can see each other's faces, hear their voices, send messages back and forth, share media and much more. It can be an extremely powerful and positive way to connect with each other in real time. However, it helps to have some experience and know some tips and tricks to make the experience work as smoothly as possible.
This 90-minute workshop is designed for parents to use Microsoft Teams to help support the online learning experience of your children.
Explore many features of Teams for participating in classes and interacting with teachers remotely.
After this session, you, and your children, will be able to:
- Use chat with the whole class, in small groups with other students, and one-on-one with teachers.
- Be familiar with tools to submit assignments and view grades for assignments.
- Be comfortable with tools such as voice, video, and text chat for effective learning.
Who Should Take This Class?
- Parents of online learners using Microsoft Teams for school and would like to become more familiar with using it.
- Students using Microsoft Teams for online learning -- you are encouraged and welcome to accompany your parents!