Gain the training required for health care professionals based on the 1988 Washington State Omnibus Law for education on HIV/AIDS.
You are required to have AIDS education if you work as a healthcare professional or in a state licensed or certified health care facility in Washington, and/or you want to get a license, certification or registration to practice a regulated health care profession in Washington State.
The Washington State Department of Health developed a model curriculum for HIV/AIDS education.
Topics include: etiology and epidemiology; testing and counseling; infection control guidelines; clinical manifestations and treatment; legal and ethical issues to include confidentiality; and psycho-social issues to include special population considerations.
This curriculum is taught by an instructor with expertise on HIV/AIDS and what healthcare practitioners need to know.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will receive state-accepted documentation of the training.
This course is offered one time per month, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., with one hour for lunch (not provided).
Additional information about this course can be found on the Department of Health's website.
|8:00 - 8:30 AM||Check in via Zoom; 30 minute lecture|
|8:30 - 11:00 AM||Student Study Time|
|11:00 - 11:30 AM||Check in via Zoom; 30 minute lecture|
|11:30 - 12:30 PM||Break|
|12:30 - 1:00 PM||Check in via Zoom; 30 minute lecture|
|1:00 - 3:30 PM||Student Study Time|
|3:30 - 4:00 PM||Check in via Zoom; 30 minute lecture, end|
- Understand HIV/AIDS topics in order to meet WA State training requirements
Who Should Take this Class?
- Washington State health care professionals or people who work in a state licensed or certified health care facility in Washington
- Anyone who wants to get a license, certification or registration to practice a regulated health care profession in Washington State
- Class ID: 8203
- Instructor: Rajveer Kaur
- When: Choose one: Saturday; 4/18, 5/16 or 6/13; 8 AM-4 PM (includes one hour for lunch)
- Total Number of Hours: 7
- Where: ONLINE - This class has been changed to a real-time interactive online format, due to COVID-19. For details, please click on the “Register” button.
- Fee: $89