Train for a successful career as a medical assistant in just four months.
Within the large and growing healthcare industry, medical assistants play a key role in keeping a healthcare facility running smoothly and work in healthcare facilities such as physicians’ offices, hospitals, and clinics.
They perform general patient care and handle routine administrative responsibilities that frequently include the following:
• Obtaining patient vital signs
• Taking measurements
• Administering oral and parenteral medications
• Performing wound care
• Assisting during procedures
• Labeling and processing specimens
• Preparing for, performing, and monitoring EKG
• Managing medical records
• Processing health insurance
Work in a field that focuses on helping people and making a difference with their health every day!
Medical assistants enjoy competitive salaries as well as the potential for traditional employment benefits.
This program prepares you to take the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) industry certification exam offered through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA).
This is an online course offered through our educational partner Career Step, who specializes in healthcare career training.
Enjoy the flexibility of online training in addition to the assurance of live, experienced, one-on-one instructor support whenever you need it.
Career Step Graduate Services provides one-on-one support to help you turn your medical assistant education into a job.
This 510 hour course is self-paced and will take 4-6 months to complete.
Note: Since the online training format allows you the flexibility to study as much or as little as your schedule allows, the time it takes you to complete the course will vary from other students. The course is designed to be completed in 4 months of full-time study, and you receive an initial 12-month period of enrollment to provide you the flexibility to study part-time on a pace and at a schedule that works for you. Course extensions are available once you are 3 months within your course expiration date should you feel you need more time to complete the program.
- Become prepared for a successful career as a medical assistant.
- Gain medical knowledge relevant to work as a medical assistant such as: obtaining patient vital signs, taking measurements, administering oral and parenteral medications, performing wound care, assisting during procedures, labeling and processing specimens, preparing for, performing, and monitoring EKG, managing medical records and processing health insurance.
- Get prepared to take the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) industry certification exam offered through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA).
Who Should Take this Class?
- Anyone interested in a career as a medical assistant
- People looking for a pathway to employment interested in career opportunities in the medical field
- Anyone interested in taking the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) industry certification exam offered through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
Since the course is completely online, your computer will play an important role in your learning experience.
We recommend the following minimum computer system specifications:
- Active internet connection (high speed/broadband connection recommended)
- 800 X 600 minimum resolution (1024 X 768 or higher recommended)
- Sound card and speakers (earphones recommended)
- Available USB port
- Adobe Flash Player (ver. 10 or higher)
- Windows Media Player (ver. 10 or higher) or Quicktime Player (ver. 7 or higher)
- PDF reader
- Internet Explorer 7.x/8.x/9.x, Firefox 3.x or Safari 4.x or greater (Mac only)
- Microsoft Windows (XP®, Vista®, 7 with latest service pack) or Mac OS X (10.4.11 or greater)
Instructor, Location & Fee
- Instructor: Career Step Staff
- Where: Online
- Fee: $3,999