Language students, have you ever thought about using your bilingual (or multilingual) skills as a professional translator or interpreter? The demand for bilingual employees is growing in the U.S. job market, and professional translators and interpreters work in a variety of areas including business, education, medical and social services, government, and entertainment.
In this workshop, learn what translators and interpreters really do, what skills you need to have, and what training you should take before looking for a career opportunity as a translator and/or interpreter.
You will also obtain detailed information about how to get involved in the translation and interpretation field, and how to meet working professionals active in this work.
This free workshop is designed for adult bilinguals (or multilinguals) and adults who are currently learning another language. No prior knowledge of translation and interpretation required.
During/by the end of this workshop, you will:
- obtain useful information about the translation and interpretation field
- understand what training you should take before looking for a bilingual career opportunity including options available around the Seattle area
- become familiar with bilingual positions available around Seattle
Who Should Take This Class?
Requirement: This course is for adults 18+ years old.
- Adults who are bilinguals or multilingual who are looking for another career opportunity
- People currently learning another language (or languages)
- Language students who would like to utilize their bilingual/multilingual skills to help others
- Anyone who would like to become a professional translator/interpreter but not sure where to start
Instructor, Location & Fee
- Instructor: Seattle Central Staff
- Where: Online: Real-time and interactive through videoconferencing
- Fee: $0