The world of grants seeking is becoming more competitive. Gain the skills to become a successful grant writer either as the head of an organization, program manager or as a fund developer.
Learn a series of key skills related to project design, development and persuasive writing skills.
Topics will include:
- Grant writing as an essential skill for organization leaders, program managers and fund developers;
- Prospect research -- learning where to find grants and best approach to research
- Project development – using the logic model to design your project
- Formulating goals, outcomes and objectives
- Preparing a project work plan and timeline
- Budgeting your project
- The evaluation component
- Editing for persuasive communications
- Packaging your document for either snail mail or e-mail
- Building relationships with grantmakers and ethics
In order to achieve the certificate, you will need to complete a grant proposal within the eight weeks, following the course curriculum.
Your instructor, Allison Shirk, has more than twenty years’ experience writing grants.
She will guide you through this process step-by-step.
- Learn to develop proposals that will help you win grants
- Properly outline goals for grants
- Get skills in how to present your proposal
- Work on your specific project with expert guidance
Who Should Take this Class?
- Nonprofit founders, program managers, or employees who are responsible for securing funding
- Fund development consultants who are interested in honing their skills
- Freelance writers interested in expanding their available services
- Anyone interested in a career in nonprofits, fund development, or grantwriting
Thank you so much for this class!! It helped give me the confidence to go out and get my dream job and I feel so much more prepared for anything grant-related that comes my way! – Kara Hunter
I really enjoyed the class and learned a lot! -- Melanee Nelson
The instructor is very knowledgeable in this field and shared personal experience which was very helpful. -- Student
I enjoyed the opportunity to get more one on one interaction with the instructor to increase my understanding. -- Erin O'Brien
Great class. Very eye opening to fundamentals of grantwriting as well as in depth evaluating. -- Student
The lessons learned in class go far beyond grantwriting; I will apply them to all aspects of managing my non-profit. Thank you! -- Student
I walked away with all I expected and more! I'm inspired -- Student
Allison has a comprehensive and engaging approach to grantwriting that leaves the attendees motivated and inspired for their next grant. -- Student
Allison was able to answer each question with practical knowledge and great suggestions. -- Student
Allison is very knowledgeable and personable. She is a wonderful resource, especially for folks like me who are new to this work. Thank you, Allison! -- Student
Thank you for all of your advice and wisdom in grant writing! -- Josephine Carson
Having started with almost no knowledge about grants I now feel equipped to go out there and get funding. It worked! -- Charlie Wakenshaw
Instructor, Location & Fee
- Instructor: Allison Shirk
- Where: Online: Real-time and interactive through videoconferencing
- Fee: $499