This workshop is designed for English speakers who have advanced Spanish language ability and seek to improve their Spanish writing skills.
During this workshop, gain hands-on experience in English-to-Spanish translation using different types of written text such as business email, personal letters and user’s manuals.
Analyze common issues encountered by English-to-Spanish translators and typical grammar errors made by English speakers.
Explore opportunities to utilize your Spanish writing skills professionally.
Upon successful completion, you will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Translate simple English text into Spanish with the use of dictionaries
- Find various resources to polish your Spanish writing skills
- Develop an awareness of the issues which arise from the cultural and linguistic differences between English and Spanish.
- Be familiar with basic Spanish terminology in general business field
- Understand different Spanish writing styles based on purposes of documents
- Be familiar with common grammatical errors made by English speakers
Who Should Take this Class?
- Students with advanced level Spanish language skills (required)
- English speakers who use Spanish at work on a regular basis and/or who have some experience of working as professional Spanish translators/interpreters
- Advanced Spanish students interested in exploring the field of professional translation
- Students with advanced Spanish ability interested in improving their writing skills