Are you an English speaker with advanced Japanese language ability seeking to improve your Japanese writing skills? This course if for you!
During this workshop, learn how to improve your Japanese writing skills and gain hands-on experience of English-to-Japanese translation.
Explore different types of written materials and styles, including business emails, personal letters and user’s manuals.
Analyze common issues and grammar errors encountered by English-to-Japanese translators.
You will also have a chance to explore opportunities to use your Japanese writing skills professionally.
Enjoy the company of other Japanese language students while learning the basics of English-to-Japanese language translation as the result of taking this workshop.
Students are required to have advanced level Japanese language skills.
Upon successful completion of this workshop, you will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Translate simple English text into Japanese with the use of dictionaries;
- Find various resources to polish your Japanese writing skills;
- Develop an awareness of the issues which arise from the cultural and linguistic differences between English and Japanese.
Who Should Take this Class?
- Students with advanced level Japanese language skills (required)
- English speakers who use Japanese at work on a regular basis and/or who have some experience of working as professional Japanese translators/interpreters
- Advanced Japanese students interested in exploring the field of professional translation
- Students with advanced Japanese ability interested in improving their writing skills