This course is an entry-level real estate course approved by the Washington State Department of Licensing (DOL) for pre-licensing education.
This course content meets the required curriculum for the sixty (60) clock hour Fundamentals Course as mandated by the real estate commission.
We generally recommend completing this course first, before taking the Real Estate Practices course, because it introduces concepts that will later be expanded. However, feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Real Estate as a Career
- Real Property Ownership, Rights, Interests and Land Use Controls
- Contract Law Relating to Real Estate Transactions
- Agency Law and Brokerage Relationships
- Listing Agreements and Procedures
- The Selling Process
- Real Estate Valuation
- Real Estate Finance
- Escrow and Settlement Process Leasing
- Property Management and the Residential Landlord Tenant Act
- Real Estate License Law (85 RCW; 18.86 RCW; 18.235 RCW; WAC 308-124 all parts)
- Fair Housing Issues and Consumer Protection
This course has a required textbook: Mastering Real Estate Principles, ISBN9781475434033. 7th Edition.
Shirley Baenen is our principle instructor, and she is co-author of all the courses. Shirley is your direct contact during your course, and she answers student questions weekdays from nine to five.
Robert W. Corl is our co-instructor. Bob is also co-author of the real estate and appraisal courses, and principal designer. Bob works behind the scenes to make sure that everything flows correctly.
• Understand real estate laws and licensing
• Identify the phases of the selling process
• Implement the listing process with regards to contracts and procedures
• Determine the fundamentals of property management and property ownership
Who Should Take this Class?
- Pre-licensing and continuing education for real estate professionals
- Real estate buyers, sellers and investors
- Individuals seeking a basic understanding of real estate ownership and transfer
- Class ID: 8230
- Instructor: Shirley Baenen
- When: Check back in fall!
- Total Number of Hours: 60
- Where: Online
- Fee: $339