This course is an entry-level Real Estate course approved by the Washington State Department of Licensing (DOL) for pre-licensing education.
This course content meets the required curriculum for the sixty (60) clock hour Fundamentals Course as mandated by the real estate commission.
It is a recommended prerequisite for the remaining courses in the Seattle Central online series of real estate courses, because it introduces concepts that will later be expanded.
- Real Estate as a Career
- Real Property Ownership, Rights, Interests and Land Use Controls
- Contract Law Relating to Real Estate Transactions
- Agency Law and Brokerage Relationships
- Listing Agreements and Procedures
- The Selling Process
- Real Estate Valuation
- Real Estate Finance
- Escrow and Settlement Process Leasing
- Property Management and the Residential Landlord Tenant Act
- Real Estate License Law (85 RCW; 18.86 RCW; 18.235 RCW; WAC 308-124 all parts)
- Fair Housing Issues and Consumer Protection
This course has a required textbook: Mastering Real Estate Principles, ISBN9781475434033. 7th Edition.
Shirley Baenen is our principle instructor, and she is co-author of all the courses. Shirley is your direct contact during your course, and she answers student questions weekdays from nine to five.
Robert W. Corl is our co-instructor. Bob is also co-author of the real estate and appraisal courses, and principal designer. Bob works behind the scenes to make sure that everything flows correctly.
• Understand real estate laws and licensing
• Identify the phases of the selling process
• Implement the listing process with regards to contracts and procedures
• Determine the fundamentals of property management and property ownership
Who Should Take this Class?
- Pre-licensing and continuing education for real estate professionals
- Real estate buyers, sellers and investors
- Individuals seeking a basic understanding of real estate ownership and transfer
- Class ID: 8230
- Instructor: Shirley Baenen
- When: Self-Paced; 1/6/20-3/25/20. Last date to register is 1/13.
- Total Number of Hours: 60
- Where: Online
- Fee: $339