Discover the world of Computer-Aided Design and Drafting (CAD).
This program is designed to prepare you with the drafting and design skills needed to compete in the rapidly changing 21st century global workplace, and to qualify for entry-level AutoCAD® drafting positions. This course is the first in our 3-part Certificate Program.
If you're already working in the industry, this program can also help experienced drafting personnel assume more senior AutoCAD® positions and gain confidence in their software skills.
Courses feature significant hands-on experience and are sequenced to build on previous classroom, lab, and work experiences.
Level 1 covers the following topics:
- Getting started with AutoCAD
- Basic drawing and editing
- Drawing with precision
- Organizing with layers
- Object types
- Inserting blocks
- Establish a basic understanding of the software
- Learn introductory techniques
- Gain insight into industry best practices
Who Should Take this Class?
Prerequisites: Basic computer skills (able to use the keyboard and mouse) and the ability to comprehend English.
- Individuals interested in competing for entry-level drafting positions
- Seasoned professionals that would like to improve their confidence and skills with this software
I like how quickly and easily I picked up new skills with CAD. Colin has a great way of running through lessons where he is easy to follow and understand.
[I enjoyed] the teacher's style and personality, as well as the other student's interest and helpfulness. The class feels like a community. -- Kirsten Kenning Kent
Colin Moy is a great teacher. His teaching style is awesome and he's very helpful! -- Joey Petosa
- Class ID: 8220
- Instructor: Clinton Lee
- When: 7 Mondays & Wednesdays; 1/6/20-1/29/20, 6:00 PM-9:00 PM
- Total Number of Hours: 21
- Where: Broadway Edison Building, Room 1139D; 1701 Broadway, Seattle WA 98122
- Fee: $599
- Additional Notes: Price includes computer lab fee. No class on 1/20.