Learn the basics of 2D and 3D drawing using the cross platform program Vectorworks.
Develop skills using the Vectorworks workspace and become comfortable using the 2D environment of palettes, menus, tools, design layers, classes and sheet layers.
Create and locate 2D objects and learn how to edit, move and combine them.
Learn how to create objects using 3D tools.
Create a basic floor plan with 3D walls, windows and door symbols.
By the end of this course, you will be able to produce drawings of your work in print, email and drawing file formats using Vectorworks.
You will need your own computer and be able to run Vectorworks 2020.
By the end of this class, you will be able to:
- Navigate the Vectorworks Fundamentals workspace and be familiar with the 2D environment of palettes, menus, tools, design layers, classes and sheet layers.
- Precisely create and locate 2D objects and know how to edit, move and combine them.
- Create a three view drawing using 2D tools.
- Set up a drawing environment of personal preferences in Vectorworks.
- Create a custom drawing template page using a title block of your own design.
- Create 3D objects from 2D objects and to navigate in 3D space
- Create objects using basic 3D tools.
- Create a basic floor plan with 3D walls and window and door symbols.
- Produce drawings of your work in print, email and drawing file formats.
Who Should Take this Class?
- Architecture, landscaping and entertainment professionals.
- Anyone interested in learning to use Vectorworks software.
Instructor, Location & Fee
- Instructor: Catie Chaplan
- Where: Online
- Fee: $305