Individuals employed as au pairs in the US are often required to take continuing education classes as part of their employment agreement. You can easily fulfill your requirements for continuing education units (CEUs) by enrolling in any of our classes and then registering for our Continuing Education Units fee.
You receive 1 CEU for every 10 hours of class (i.e. 20 hours of class earns you 2 CEUs). Free workshops are not eligible for CEUs.
By registering for this fee, you’ll receive documentation that you took a class this quarter which you can provide to your employer. To receive this documentation, you must follow this process:
- Register for class(es).
- Register for the Continuing Education Units (CEU) fee.
- Email Continuing Education, at email@example.com and request a CEU verification form, which we’ll send to you via email.
- Print the verification form fill out all fields (except “Washington Certificate Number”) and have your instructor sign it on the last day of class.
- Return your signed and completed CEU form to the Continuing Education office within two weeks of your class completion.
- When you return your form, let us know how you’d like to receive your official certificate — via postal mail, email, or in person.
- You’ll receive your official certificate within 5-7 business days of when we receive your completed CEU form.
The CEU fee covers any classes that you take during one quarter; you’ll need to register for the fee each quarter that you need official documentation for classes that you take.
Questions? Please don’t hesitate to contact us.