Hey teens, is photography one of your passions or interests? Do you ever wish your photographs were even better or you knew more? Lean how to take better photos through knowledge, guidance and experimentation.
The key to really good photography is:
(1) knowing your tool better and
(2) developing an eye for designing a compelling photograph.
Explore both aspects of digital photography with live lessons and fun, challenging assignments.
Then you will be able to practice what you've learned and receive feedback, building a strong foundation of learning for you to build your skills and abilities. Learn about the Exposure Triangle and the impact of going beyond Auto Exposure. Explore the principles of composition - when to follow them, and when not to!
We will use Zoom for live sessions and Flickr.com for sharing the assignments both outside of and during our Zoom meetings. For this workshop, you will need a digital camera that has more than just Auto Exposure in the settings (phone cameras can only be used as a second camera).
This workshop will help you be more creative with your camera and make memorable, compelling photographs than ever before.
This summer, all of our workshops will be online. Meet other teens and make friends while being creative! This workshop is part of our summer programs for teens.
Note: If a sibling or friend would like to join, they should register separately. Thank you!
By the end of this course, you will:
- know your camera better than ever before
- understand what more creative settings can do, including Aperture and Shutter Priority
- be able to apply the classic principle of composition
- make memorable, compelling photographs like never before
Who Should Take this Class?
Any teen ages 13-17, grades 7-12, who:
- loves photography or is interested and would like to learn more
- has questions about doing more with your photography, from contests to careers
- has access to using any digital camera that has more than just Auto Exposure in the settings (phone cameras can only be used as a second camera.)