Are you having a birthday party sometime soon, welcoming a new neighbor to the neighborhood or planning another type of party?
Make your own mini piñata and add a fun, festive and exciting activity to your party!
Or you can keep your piñata as a unique piece of art -- or give it to someone else as a special handmade gift.
In this workshop, you will make your own small piñata.
You can use paper, tissue paper, cookie or pasta boxes, and whatever other materials you would like to use.
And you can paint and decorate your piñata as you wish -- get creative!
This easy-to-make piñata is sure to be a hit at any festivity.
Enjoy exploring Mexican traditional culture while making your piñata.
A specialist of Mexican art and craft will guide you step-by-step.
You will also learn some Mexican Spanish vocabulary and expressions.
This summer, all of our workshops will be online.
Meet other kids and make friends while being creative!
This workshop is part of our summer programs for kids.
Please plan ahead to bring these materials to the workshop:
- A pair of scissors and a ruler
- Pencils or pens
- Craft glue, scotch tape, and stapler
- Boxes (e.g. pasta, cookie, snack, gift boxes)
- White paper, several sheets -- like you use for making copies
- Tissue-paper streamers in your favorite color(s)
- Coloring pencils or crayons if you wish to paint your piñata
- Favorite small candies and/or toys to put in your piñata (optional)
Notes for parent/guardian: We encourage you to be nearby to support your child as needed. Also, each child participating needs to be registered for the workshop. If a sibling or friend would like to join, please register them separately. Thank you!
During/by the end of this workshop, you will:
- Create a unique piñata
- Become familiar with Mexican piñatas and culture
- Learn some vocabulary and phrases in Spanish
- Make friends and have fun together
Who Should Take this Class?
Children ages 6-10 years old, grades 1-4