Brighten up your windows with colorful art this summer!
During this workshop, discover the history of stained glass art and create a piece of unique art that looks like stained glass.
Use markers, a clear plastic sheet and foil to create your masterpiece.
Explore color, your creativity and using light to make your art more beautiful.
Enjoy creating your own art work to hang up at home -- or to give as a gift to someone you love.
This summer, all of our workshops will be online.
Meet other kids and make friends while being creative!
This workshop is part of our summer programs for kids.
Please plan ahead an bring these materials to the workshop.
- White drawing paper 8 1/2×11 inches. You will use this to draw your sea turtle.
- Clear plastic sheet, same size as drawing paper; a transparency sheet or report cover works nicely
- Permanent black marker to trace drawing onto plastic sheet
- Colored markers
- Cardboard 9×12 inches, covered with a sheet of aluminum foil
- Washi tape, masking tape or thin duct tape to create a frame and to secure the completed project to the foil backing
Notes for parent/guardian: We encourage you to be nearby to support your child as needed. Also, each child participating needs to be registered for the workshop. If a sibling or friend would like to join, please register them separately. Thank you!
During/by the end of this workshop, you will:
- Create an original piece of art
- Discover the art of stained glass
- Explore color and light
Who Should Take this Class?
Children ages 6-10 years old, grades 1-4